Read time: 273 words, 1 minute.
We’re back, as promised.
And we’re excited…
Our favorite holiday is almost here: Diwali is November 12.
That means lights, love, and lots of treats. (We’ve got a yum recipe for you below.)
What’s your favorite holiday? Reply back and let us know.
-Kabir & Sue
🪣Monthly Bucket – November
📚 3 Books
- It’s Diwali
By Kabir & Surishtha Sehgal (Illustrated by Archana Sreenivasan)
Count up to ten and back down again to the tune of “One, Two, Buckle My Shoe” while learning about the traditions that make Diwali a fun-filled festival. Enjoy our animated video.
- Alma and Her Family / Alma Y Su Familia
By Juana Martinez-Neal
How much does little Alma love her family? She kisses her daddy, squeezes her mommy, laughs with her grandma, and . . . paints on her artist grandpa (such a good sport!)
- Beautiful Oops
By Barney Saltzberg
It’s okay to make a mistake. A mistake is an adventure in creativity, a portal to discovery. A paint smudge becomes the face of a bunny, a crumpled ball of paper turns into a lamb’s fleecy coat–celebrate the oops in life.
- Rangoli Coloring Book – 10 intricate & gorgeous designs. A rangoli reflects happiness & positivity during Diwali. With each page, you’ll be part of the celebration.
- Coconut Burfi – Sue shares her
secretrecipe for this special Diwali treat. Milk powder, cardamom…silver?
- How to celebrate Diwali with kids
- Conference Season – Why it’s important to attend industry conferences (highlights from the Georgia Libraries Conference)
How can we make The Monthly Bucket better?
Reply & let us know!